Sunday, April 26, 2009

Welcome to our Blog!


Hello, and welcome to our Blog! I have been wanting to have a blog for a long time for family and friends to check in on us from time to time and finally with the help of Tina from "The Story of You" my dream has become a reality! We will be leaving for China in 2 short days and the reality of it all is finally setting in. We cannot wait for our "Forever Family" day when we will meet our second daughter for the first time! This blog is for "life with Shu Shu and Jie Jie" but since Jie hasn't officially joined our family yet I will catch you up with what Shu's been up to since January! (That is when I wanted to start our blog!)

January 2009


We started the year taking a vacation to Florida and a Disney Cruise to the Virgin Islands. One of the best vacations of our lives! Here are some pictures of the "highlights" of our trip.



Hanging out with our favorite "Floridians"
The Rizzo Family! Shu Shu and Sophia
Jie Jie and Sophia's birthdays are March 30 & March 31st!


Shu Shu meets Cinderella!


Being shy with Snow White!


Fun on St. Thomas! Maegan's Bay


Disney's Island-Castaway Cay!


"Has anyone seen Daddy?"


Now that's someone who has had a great vacation!




On January 9th we were on the beach having a great time. . . . . . . .on January 11th we arrived home to this!



You learn to shovel snow at a young age when you live in Ohio!

February 2009



In February we celebrated Chinese New Year with our local FCC chapter and at Shu Shu's preschool/daycare. Aunt J. sent gifts to celebrate the "Year of the Ox"!







March 2009


We met up with our friends Holli, Kyia and Lily for lunch in March! I met Holli through an e-mail she sent me when we traveled to Hubei in 2006 to bring Shu Shu home. Her daughter Kyia is also from Hubei and the two of them resemble each other so much we think they are related. When we got our referral we could not believe that Jie Jie was from Guangxi . . . .her second daughter Lily is also from Guangxi and the two of them resemble each other as well! Holli is also a Christian. We think God brought us all together for a reason and has an amazing plan for these four girls!


Kyia & Shu Shu


Kyia & Lily


Our three beauties!

April 2009


April was spent celebrating Easter and preparing to bring Jie Jie home at last!



Making candy for Big Brother Drew's students!










6 comments:

  1. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know that God is giving you the strength you need to handle the journey and will give you a peaceful rest. I got your last email about your provision and please be assured that I would follow your desire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know that God is giving you the strength you need to handle the journey and will give you a peaceful rest. I got your last email about your provision and please be assured that I would follow your desire. Eagerly awaiting your blog entries. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see your trip start out with such good fortune! God is certainly smiling on you all! We all look forward to meeting your whole family!
    John and Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids were amazed at the pictures of the Great Wall - can't wait to see more pictures and updates. Hope Shu Shu gives you all some much needed rest.
    Take Care,
    The Reitz Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so happy for you guys. We can't wait to see more pictures. Jie Jie is beautiful. Shu Shu must be on cloud nine becoming a big sister. I will be sure to keep up with your journey.
    Take Care!!
    ~The Craddock Family (Steve, Shannon & Mason)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Harp Family
    It's been fun following your journey. Jie Jie is absolutely adorable - just like Shu Shu. Hope you continue to have some restful nights.
    Take Care
    The Reitz Family

    ReplyDelete